"Let me go down to the water. Watch the great illusion drown" - Van Morrison

Monday, August 25, 2008

Coincidence, or Something Else?

About once a month, I would estimate, I have the bizarre experience of hearing, seeing, speaking, or writing a word at the very moment (or within seconds) of encountering that very same word through other means. For example, I was heading to the hardware store to buy a propane tank for our gas grill. I got in the car, the radio came on, and a BBC British voice immediately uttered the word "propane" as a part of a story he was doing on gas production in Russia. It's like this every time.

Just five minutes ago, I was listening to a podcast and the narrator described a person as "pathetic" not one second after I typed the word "pathetic" into my instant messenger window.

I'm not a superstitious person. I don't believe in or adhere to any religious customs. And yet there's something beyond the conscious realm connecting here, I'm quite sure of that. So I ask you, dear reader, what's going on?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Cara dB said...

more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, horatio ... even for atheists like me.

9:57 AM

 
Blogger Zak said...

Oooooh...Hamlet. Nice call. :)

4:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home