"Let me go down to the water. Watch the great illusion drown" - Van Morrison

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

One Day, Two Odd Coincidences

This morning, as I was driving down Storrow Drive, listening to Planxty's Arthur McBride, with vocals by Andy Irvine, what did I see before me but a tow truck with a hand-lettered sign of the garage owner's last name, Irvine.

Later, while listening to talk radio, I was also reading about Bolivia's president Evo Morales and his hunger strike. The conservative talker was babbling about leftist regimes and mentioned Cuba, Venezuela, and Bolivia.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger chapter11studios said...

Wait, you were listening to conversative talk radio? Is this a case of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer? :)

10:16 AM

 
Blogger Zak said...

Ha! No, it was just NPR, I think. I actually am very interested in what right-wingers think, but I can't stomach the mean-spiritedness of Rush, Sean, or their ilk. I do listen to this show, though, which has a resident conservative you'd probably appreciate: http://www.kcrw.com/news/programs/lr

3:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home